Here’s to the list things you are doing instead of research. I wasted some time by organizing the categories into logical clusters of endless misery. I wasted some more time finding people who agree with my complains.
- Back up.
- Hard drive space is not enough.
- Free space in local or personal network is not enough.
- University sponsored sync program does not sync.
- New computer, sync between your own files.
- Re-install life, yes you are going to use custom preferences.
- Deciding whether OS
- Deciding you should use a double boot.
- Being delusional and wishing to have just one copy per file between multiple OS.
- Compatibility between different OS running on different people’s devices.
- Compatibility between people.
- Proprietary software.
- Track changes didn’t work.
- Likely that co-worker didn’t track changes.
- Filenames are not useful.
ncopies of the same file. Everywhere.
- Reference managers
- WYSIWYG vs LATEX
- LATEX fonts and templates.
- Special characters (as in anything outside the English Language).
PDF does not compile for
University mail is not compatible with gmail.
R working directory.
Working directories, paths and beyond.
Packages, libraries, modules, snippets of codes that updated and are thus incompatible.
- Making meaningless lists like this one.
- Making meaningful lists of things you will never do.
- People writing dates in notoriously diverging formats.